Monday, July 13, 2015

What To Do When Your Spiritual Edge Gets Dull - Look Up




In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord… —Isaiah 6:1

“My vision of God is dependent upon the condition of my character. My character determines whether or not truth can even be revealed to me. Before I can say, “I saw the Lord,” there must be something in my character that conforms to the likeness of God. Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God’s surgical procedure— His use of external circumstances to bring about internal purification. Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, “In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but You.”” CHAMBERS

(Isaiah 6:1-3) “In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”  These verses are some of those that bring a fresh awareness to me of God’s magnificence .. His holiness every time I read them.  It reminds me that the God that I serve is more than a notion .. more than a thought .. He is the creator of all things … That is the God who loves me, who saved me, and whom I serve with every fabric of my being.  I am humbled .. and thankful …

How easy it is to forget who God is … we treat Him and His Word so lightly.  How do you see God?  Enough to stop doing things your own way and turn to Him.  Yesterday, after attending church, I described three people to my grandson … (A.) A person who has received eternal life through Jesus because they have accepted Him as Lord in their life (the Bible says you can only say that, believing that by the Holy Spirit), and believe in their heart that Jesus died for their sins and God raised Jesus from the dead. (B.) A person that knows about Jesus and about God, living on their own but would like to be born again. (C.) A person that really doesn’t care about God and just wants to live their own life.  I told him that you are one of those three people.  You have to choose.  There is not a “D”, all of the above.  I asked, “Which one are you?”  He said “I am a ‘B’”.  I asked him if he wanted to be A, and he said yes.  We talked a little more and then we prayed together .. he is now a child of the King.  Hallelujah! 

What happened with our grandson is spiritual, supernatural.  The same thing that, hopefully, has happened to you.  But our spiritual edge can become dull over time.  The same God that Isaiah referred to loves you and will sometimes allow circumstances into your life that He wants to use to draw you closer to Him.  I was checking out of Walmart the other day and the clerk, a man, was complaining about the culture to everyone who went through the line.  When we got to him, and he started, I said “You know, there is trouble all around us … the answer is to look up … God is still on His throne … He is still sovereign… He is still in control.”  That changed the course of his conversation as he acknowledged that what I said was true  ..well, at least for the moment … but my point was and is .. when we face trouble .. when we don’t know what to do next, look up … and we’ll see that our Father in heaven is looking down.  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: