Thursday, July 2, 2015

If I Sin Do You Think God Will Notice?




“Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips…” —Isaiah 6:5

“God begins by convicting us of the very thing to which His Spirit has directed our mind’s attention. If we will surrender, submitting to His conviction of that particular sin, He will lead us down to where He can reveal the vast underlying nature of sin. That is the way God always deals with us when we are consciously aware of His presence. This experience of our attention being directed to our concentration of personal sin is true in everyone’s life, from the greatest of saints to the worst of sinners. When a person first begins climbing the ladder of experience, he might say, “I don’t know where I’ve gone wrong,” but the Spirit of God will point out some definite and specific thing to him. The effect of Isaiah’s vision of the holiness of the Lord was the directing of his attention to the fact that he was “a man of unclean lips.” “He touched my mouth with it, and said: ‘Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged’ ” (Isaiah 6:7). The cleansing fire had to be applied where the sin had been concentrated.” CHAMBERS

You cannot continue in your sin and be right with God.  It is not OK to try to stand before a holy God with sin in your heart.  He will have nothing to do with it, nor with the sin-bearer . .that would be you.  Please stop living as if sin does not matter, assuming that  God will respond to me just because I am a Christian and Jesus loves me.  When we live like that we expose our ignorance of the very nature of the new life that we have received.  Stop trying to fix yourself.  You can’t.  There are no guarantees that God is going to relieve you of the consequences that you are enduring, presently.  But I can guarantee that how your respond in the face of those consequences and life in general will change.  I must tell you, I have talked with some people that are dealing with some horrendously difficult problems and when I say trust God, draw near to Him .. they just look at me .. like I had suggested they poison themselves.  The reality is that some people want no part of God … I can’t change their hearts or their thinking .. that is between them and God.  All I can do is tell them the truth … then it’s up to them .. now it’s up to you .. .think about it.  ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: