Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cleaning Up - From The Inside Out




“Blessed are the poor in spirit …” Matthew 5:3

“If Jesus is only a teacher, then all He can do is frustrate me by setting a standard before me I cannot attain.  What is the point … I would be happier if I never knew it.  What good is there in telling me to be what I can never be – to be “pure in heart” (Matthew 5:8)  […] I must know Jesus Christ as my savior before His teaching has any meaning for me other that that of  lofty ideal which only leads to despair. But when I am born again by the Spirit of God, I know that Jesus Christ did not come only to teach- He came to make me what He teachers I should be.” CHAMBERS

The simplicity escapes us … we could not reach God because of sin so He sent Jesus. We could not live the new life we received through Jesus on our own so He sent the Holy Spirit. We could not have the new life on our own .. we could not live the new life on our own.  So why do we try? And try.  And try.  To do it on our own? God changes us from the inside out, yet for some reason, we believe that if we try to act like a Christian .. somehow it will take and what we appear to be outside will move to the inside.  That is the impossible life .. it is contrary to God’s intent and purpose.  We cannot fabricate holiness through self effort … we will fail. And fail. And fail.  (Matthew 23:25-26)  "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.”  Strengthen your relationship with the Lord and He will transform you by the power of His Spirit and Word.  Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. Think about it.  Elgin

Bill and Gloria Gaither

“I am a promise, I am a possibility.  I am a promise with a capital “P”. I am a great big bundle of potentiality. And if I listen, I can hear God’s voice. And if I listen He’ll help me make the right choice. I am a promise to be, anything He wants me to be.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: