Thursday, June 4, 2015

Living Your Life Without Your Spiritual Glasses - Not A God Idea




He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." —Hebrews 13:5

What line of thinking do my thoughts take? Do I turn to what God says or to my own fears? Am I simply repeating what God says, or am I learning to truly hear Him and then to respond after I have heard what He says? “For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ So we may boldly say: ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?’ ” (Hebrews 13:5-6). “I will never leave you…”— not for any reason; not my sin, selfishness, stubbornness, nor waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never leave me? If I have not truly heard this assurance of God, then let me listen again.” CHAMBERS

What is your reality?  As you live day to day … how do you see life.  Up until I was about 40 years old, I had 20-15 vision.  That meant that what most people could see at 15 feet, I could see at 20 feet.  It was very frustrating at times for my wife.  When we would travel, I could read a sign from far off and she could barely see that there was a sign.  That, however, is not the case today.  Today, if I take my glasses off, the computer screen becomes a blur.  Nothing about the computer changed. It is my capacity to see that changed. I was no longer helped in my seeing with my glasses.  Glasses which have been made to let me see without the blur.  That is the way it is as we live our new life in Christ.  God has given us “spiritual glasses” so we can see the world clearly.  What was a blur and of no consequence to us, suddenly becomes abundantly clear and we recognize it for what it is. Unfortunately, we can choose to not put our glasses on.  To live our lives with blurred vision.  People who have never had their natural vision corrected don’t know that the rest of the world is not like them.  During your waking hours, there are never  times when you don’t need your glasses.  And if this illustration is too abstract for you … let’s try this.  (2 Corinthians 5:7) “For we walk by faith, not by (our natural) sight.”  (Galatians 2:20) “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” 



God gave us His Word for a purpose.  (2 Timothy 3:16-17) “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”  Read it and heed it my friend. ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: