Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Getting The Will To Live Your New Life





“[…] At the beginning of our Christian life we are full of requests to God. But then we find that God wants to get us into an intimate relationship with Himself— to get us in touch with His purposes. Are we so intimately united to Jesus Christ’s idea of prayer— “Your will be done” (Matthew 6:10)— […] He knows every detail of each of our individual lives.[…]  as we grow spiritually, we live so fully aware of God that we do not even need to ask what His will is, because the thought of choosing another way will never occur to us. If we are saved and sanctified, God guides us by our everyday choices. And if we are about to choose what He does not want, He will give us a sense of doubt or restraint, which we must heed. Whenever there is doubt, stop at once. Never try to reason it out, saying, “I wonder why I shouldn’t do this?” God instructs us in what we choose; that is, He actually guides our common sense. And when we yield to His teachings and guidance, we no longer hinder His Spirit by continually asking, “Now, Lord, what is Your will?”” CHAMBERS

Do you live in that world?  A world where God’s will is what is most important to you?  His is the compass by which you navigate this life. Or are you trying to live your new life on your own, to prove to God that you can do it .. may if you just try a little harder.  Or do it one more time because the 20 times you have tried it your way in the past have failed.  Are you even living your new life or are you still living the old one seasoned with some Christian trappings .. maybe a WWJD bracelet, a verse on the refrigerator … a Bible that you have not read but carry to church and fumble through the pages if the pastor goes beyond the four Gospels in his references.  I don’t mean to sound harsh or judgmental.  I just want you to think.  Do not deceive yourself into thinking that what you are experiencing is as good as it gets with your faith.  Romans 12:1-2 says to offer your life to God … all of your life .. every aspect of it … work, family, personal time .. everything .. and then resist the temptation to be conformed to what your culture .. friends … say is good and acceptable .. but allow God to change you by transforming your mind . .your desires … your perspective on what is good and acceptable.  A few friends might fall away . .some activities that you were a part of may not include you, but you will be blessed.  ELGIN

DC Talk “My Will”

“I'm setting the stage for the things I love. And I'm now the man I once couldn't be
And nothing on earth could now ever move me. I now have the will and the strength a man needs

It's my will, I'm not moving.  'Cause if it's Your will, then nothing can shake me
And it's my will to bow and praise You.  I now have the will to praise my God

Complexity haunts me for I am two men. Entrenched in a battle that I'll never win
My discipline fails me, my knowledge it fools me. But You are my shelter, all the strength that I need

I'm learning to give up the rights to myself.  The bits and the pieces I've gathered as wealth
Could never compare to the joy that You bring me. The peace that You show me is the strength that I need”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: