Friday, September 19, 2014

Trusting God, Or Are You Just Along For The Ride?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Watch when God changes your circumstances to see whether you are going on with Jesus, or siding with the world, the flesh, and the devil. We wear His name, but are we going on with Him? “From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more” (John 6:66).
 
John 6:56-58 “ Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
 
This is probably one of the most difficult passages to read in the Bible, for me. What is Jesus talking about? But Jesus spoke of Spiritual things .. not natural.
 
John 8:42-47  Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
 
Just like God sent manna from heaven to save Israel in the desert, He sent Jesus .. the Bread of heaven … to save us.  But the Jews that Jesus was speaking to did not understand that He was speaking of His being broken and poured out for them and they struggled .. many abandoned Him because they were only along for the ride.
 
When we face life and are confused .. disheartened .. it is because we are trying to understand it with the wisdom of our flesh and not from that which comes from the Spirit.  Then we lose heart and begin to question God’s competence and His faithfulness.  We feel as though we have been abandoned.  Dealing with the hard issues of life in our natural wisdom is like being in quicksand … the more we struggle, the deeper we sink.  Don’t forget who you belong to, Christian.  Look to the Father .. the source of all wisdom. ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: