Monday, September 1, 2014

Are You Embracing The Truth Of The Word?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
1 Peter 1:16  ‘for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”’
 
‘We must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. We are not destined to happiness, nor to health, but to holiness. Today we have far too many desires and interests, and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them. Many of them may be right, noble, and good, and may later be fulfilled, but in the meantime God must cause their importance to us to decrease. The only thing that truly matters is whether a person will accept the God who will make him holy. At all costs, a person must have the right relationship with God. Do I believe I need to be holy? Do I believe that God can come into me and make me holy? If through your preaching you convince me that I am unholy, I then resent your preaching. The preaching of the gospel awakens an intense resentment because it is designed to reveal my unholiness, but it also awakens an intense yearning and desire within me. God has only one intended destiny for mankind— holiness. His only goal is to produce saints. God is not some eternal blessing-machine for people to use, and He did not come to save us out of pity— He came to save us because He created us to be holy. Atonement through the Cross of Christ means that God can put me back into perfect oneness with Himself through the death of Jesus Christ, without a trace of anything coming between us any longer.’ CHAMBERS
 
Each morning as I sit here after reading Oswald Chambers devotion, I ask God, “What should I say today?” Almost immediately I have a thought … I don’t mean to sound mysterious … that is just the way it happens.  Then I might debate with God thinking that the words might be too harsh .. too cutting … they are most often to me.  But God’s truth is that way.  His truth is light that shines into the darkness and reveals things that we would just as soon leave hidden. God’s purpose is not to condemn us but to encourage us to abandon those things and move closer to Him.
 
“old things are passing away, all things are becoming new” (2 Corinthians 5:17)  God’s intent is that we would be like Jesus. Romans 8:29 “For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” Our natural tendency is to be drawn to the world and the things of this world.  We can accept that the Word is truth but we have a hard time embracing the truth of the Word.  (It can be like hugging a porcupine) Many of us are living what we believe to be an adequate Christian life … but so long as we live, we all must be reminded of God’s call to holiness … and the fact that we are not there yet.  Mark 7:9 “And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!” Don’t be content with where you are in your faith.   Receive the Word and let the Spirit of God do His work in you.  God’s intent when He created man was for us to be in His image and likeness.  Yield your life .. and all of the dark places in it to Him.  Fulfill your destiny in Christ. ELGIN
 
Holiness
 
“Holiness, holiness is what I long for. Holiness is what I need. Holiness, holiness is what You want for me, for me
 
Righteousness, righteousness is what I long for. Righteousness is what I need Righteousness, Righteousness is what You want for me, for me
 
Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for. Brokenness is what I need Brokenness, brokenness is what  You want for me, for me
 
So, take my heart and mold it. Take my mind, transform I, Take my will, conform it To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: