Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Surrender All - Most

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘True surrender is not simply surrender of our external life but surrender of our will […]It is only after we have begun to experience what salvation really means that we surrender our will to Jesus for rest. […]The surrender here is of my self to Jesus, with His rest at the heart of my being. He says, “If you want to be My disciple, you must give up your right to yourself to Me.” […]Beware of some surrender that you make to God in an ecstatic moment in your life, because you are apt to take it back again. True surrender is a matter of being “united together [with Jesus] in the likeness of His death” (Romans 6:5) until nothing ever appeals to you that did not appeal to Him.’ CHAMBERS
 
Surrender is a condition of the heart … to love God with “all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. (Luke 10:27)  .. is to be surrendered to God.  It’s a ‘not my will by your will be done’ way of living.  It is choosing God and not your own interests and allowing that choice to direct you in life.  Surrender is trusting God and not yourself.  Surrender is living a life that honors God and separates you from this world and what it has to offer.  Surrender sets you apart. Surrender is doing the right thing even when it means that you will not benefit from what you do. Surrender is the full expression of our love for God.  ELGIN
 
“My Will” DC Talk
 
“ I'm setting the stage for the things I love  And I'm now the man I once couldn't be  And nothing on earth could now ever move me  I now have the will and the strength a man needs
 
It's my will, I'm not moving.  'Cause if it's Your will, then nothing can shake me.  And it's my will to bow and praise You  I now have the will to praise my God
 
Complexity haunts me for I am two men.  Entrenched in a battle that I'll never win.  My discipline fails me, my knowledge it fools me.  But You are my shelter, all the strength that I need
 
I'm learning to give up the rights to myself,  The bits and the pieces I've gathered as wealth,  Could never compare to the joy that You bring me,  The peace that You show me is the strength that I need”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: