Friday, August 1, 2014

What Is Your "If Only..."?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘He comes where He commands us to leave. If you stayed home when God told you to go because you were so concerned about your own people there, then you actually robbed them of the teaching of Jesus Christ Himself. When you obeyed and left all the consequences to God, the Lord went into your city to teach, but as long as you were disobedient, you blocked His way. Watch where you begin to debate with Him and put what you call your duty into competition with His commands. If you say, “I know that He told me to go, but my duty is here,” it simply means that you do not believe that Jesus means what He says.’ CHAMBERS
 
I have met many people over the past 11 years where God has spoken to them while they were on a missions trip or after they returned .. it is clear to me that He has.  It is something in  their eyes .. in the tone of their voice … It was not emotion .. although there are times when people respond to an event emotionally … that fire is like the magicians fire .. there and gone .. soon they are focused on the passion of their heart which is not missions.  But there have been those to whom God has spoken ... saying … “I have called you to a new life … you must leave your old one”  And there is the problem … leaving the old life.  When you say no .. not now .. you really are saying “I don’t trust you, God, enough to do what you are asking me.   My devotion is here … you are asking me to leave what is known and go travel to the unknown.”
 
And so most of those people would say “I would join God where He is at work … If only..”  What is your “if only”? I have been told that if you pen sheep up for a time and then take the pen down, the sheep will not stray beyond where the fence used to be.  That is like us.  There is really nothing that is stopping us from going, only the doubt in our minds and the devotions in our hearts that are greater than the devotion we have for God.  What is God saying or has He said to you? Hearing His voice brings you to a crisis of belief and it requires faith and action to be obedient to it.  So what are you waiting for …
 
“I have decide to follow Jesus … the cross before me ..the world behind me .. no turning back, no turning back .. though none go with me, still I will follow … “ can I hear an Amen?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: