Thursday, August 21, 2014

Soli Deo Gloria ( Glory to God Alone )

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The true character of the loveliness that speaks for God is always unnoticed by the one possessing that quality. Conscious influence is prideful and unchristian. If I wonder if I am being of any use to God, I instantly lose the beauty and the freshness of the touch of the Lord. “He who believes in Me . . . out of his heart will flow rivers of living water” (John 7:38). And if I examine the outflow, I lose the touch of the Lord. Who are the people who have influenced us most? Certainly not the ones who thought they did, but those who did not have even the slightest idea that they were influencing us. In the Christian life, godly influence is never conscious of itself. If we are conscious of our influence, it ceases to have the genuine loveliness which is characteristic of the touch of Jesus. We always know when Jesus is at work because He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring.’ CHAMBERS
 
A singer, Mac Davis, sang “Lord It’s Hard To Be Humble, When You Are Perfect In So Many Ways” which was intended as ‘tongue in cheek’.  But, it speaks to a problem that can easily beset us. (Hebrews 12:1-2) We can begin to think that the fruit that is born from our new life in Christ is a result of our efforts, abilities, and resourcefulness. The truth is, born again or not … God has given us everything .. every capacity … if anyone can give you credit for anything it would be that you obeyed God.  That’s it .. and that’s enough.  The fragrance of Christ should emanate from you .. as naturally as the breath from your lungs.  2 Corinthians 2:15 “For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.”  If you are aware of what Jesus is doing through you, it isn’t Jesus at work … but you trying to be like Jesus … there is a difference .. think about it.
 
ANDRAE CROUCH -  To God Be The Glory Lyrics
 
“How can I say thanks for the things you have done for me. Things so undeserved Yet you give to prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels Cannot express my gratitude. All that I am or ever hope to be I owe it all to Thee
 
Just let me live my life, And let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee. And should I gain any praise, Let it go to Calvary.
With His blood, He has saved me By His power, He has raised me. To God be the glory For the things he has done.
 
To God be the glory, To God be the glory, To God be the glory For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me, By His power, He has raised me. To God be the glory For the things he has done”
 
Soli Deo Gloria  ( Glory to God Alone )

No comments: