Thursday, July 24, 2014

Three Things To Know About Temptations

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“ . . unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven” —Matthew 5:20
 
‘The characteristic of a disciple is not that he does good things, but that he is good in his motives, having been made good by the supernatural grace of God. The only thing that exceeds right-doing is right-being. Jesus Christ came to place within anyone who would let Him a new heredity that would have a righteousness exceeding that of the scribes and Pharisees. Jesus is saying, “If you are My disciple, you must be right not only in your actions, but also in your motives, your aspirations, and in the deep recesses of the thoughts of your mind.” […] The purity that God demands is impossible unless I can be remade within, and that is exactly what Jesus has undertaken to do through His redemption.’ CHAMBERS
 
When you are faced with a temptation what is your response?  Do you try with all your might to resist it?  Do you resolve in your mind to not give in.  Do you exercise every bit of “won’t” power that you muster?  How is that working for you?  Where do those temptations come from? (James 1:14-15) “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.”   The Word says they come from inside .. not outside … And how do we deal with temptations? (1 Corinthians 10:13)  “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.”
 
Three things to know … 1. Temptations start inside not outside … 2. What you are tempted to do is not new … 3. God has made it possible to defeat the temptation …  Jesus, who was tempted in all ways (Hebrews 4:15) dealt with temptation in the desert with the Word of God.  (Psalm 119:11) “You Word had I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you” (give in to the temptation).  You can defeat temptation but only by the Spiritual power in you .. “Lord, You have my heart.  Let me search for yours. Let me be to you a sacrifice.  And I will praise you Lord. And I will sing of love come down. And as I seek Your face, I’ll see your glory here."
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: