Monday, July 21, 2014

It's All About Jesus And All About Grace

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘[…] What is the point of presenting me with such a lofty ideal if I cannot possibly come close to reaching it? I would be happier if I never knew it. What good is there in telling me to be what I can never be— to be “pure in heart” (Matthew 5:8), to do more than my duty, or to be completely devoted to God? I must know Jesus Christ as my Savior before His teaching has any meaning for me other than that of a lofty ideal which only leads to despair. But when I am born again by the Spirit of God, I know that Jesus Christ did not come only to teach— He came to make me what He teaches I should be. […] As long as we have some self-righteous idea that we can carry out our Lord’s teaching, God will allow us to continue until we expose our own ignorance by stumbling over some obstacle in our way. Only then are we willing to come to Him as paupers and receive from Him. “Blessed are the poor in spirit . . . .” This is the first principle in the kingdom of God. The underlying foundation of Jesus Christ’s kingdom is poverty, not possessions; not making decisions for Jesus, but having such a sense of absolute futility that we finally admit, “Lord, I cannot even begin to do it.” CHAMBERS
 
Are you at that point in your life? Have you been trying to live the naturally impossible life? Trying to be righteous by your own effort?  The standards for new life that you live are beyond your reach.  You cannot possible attain what God has called you to … but you stumble along often wondering what the point is .. you continue to fall short .. and yet you continue to try living your new life in your own wisdom, on your own terms.
 
Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
 
Meditate on that verse today.  It is no longer you but Jesus ….
 
“Weak and wounded sinner, Lost and left to die
O, raise your head, for love is passing by
Come to Jesus and live!
 
Now your burden's lifted And carried far away
And precious blood has washed away the stain, so
Sing to Jesus and live!
 
And like a newborn baby Don't be afraid to crawl
And remember when you walk Sometimes we fall...so
Fall on Jesus and live!” Chris Rice
 
It’s all about Jesus and all about Grace.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: