Saturday, July 12, 2014

What Are You Doing With God's Blessings?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Reconciliation means the restoring of the relationship between the entire human race and God, putting it back to what God designed it to be. This is what Jesus Christ did in redemption. The church ceases to be spiritual when it becomes self-seeking, only interested in the development of its own organization. […] We are not here to develop a spiritual life of our own, or to enjoy a quiet spiritual retreat. We are here to have the full realization of Jesus Christ, for the purpose of building His body. Am I building up the body of Christ, or am I only concerned about my own personal development? The essential thing is my personal relationship with Jesus Christ— “. . . that I may know Him. . .” (Philippians 3:10). To fulfill God’s perfect design for me requires my total surrender— complete abandonment of myself to Him. Whenever I only want things for myself, the relationship is distorted.’ CHAMBERS
 
2 Corinthians 5:17-18 says that we are a new creation, even though we continue to live in these bodies in this world.  But not only that, we have been given the “ministry” of reconciliation.  Our ministry is to restore others to God since we, ourselves, have been restored to Him. Imagine you are given some food with the intent that you should eat some but also give food to the hungry around you.  But you decide to keep the food for yourself.  You would be found unfaithful by the one who gave you the food and the charge to feed others. Years ago there was a television show called “Chico and the Man”.  Chico would say “It’s not my job, man”  So many Christians have that view when it comes to telling others about Jesus and the Cross. They resist sharing the spiritual and natural blessings that God has showered on them.
 
Luke 12:16-21  ‘And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”
 
Don’t keep God’s blessings for yourself ..
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: