Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Best Way To Start Your Day

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘God’s perspective is that through His promises I will come to recognize His claim of ownership on me. For example, do I realize that my “body is the temple of the Holy Spirit,” or am I condoning some habit in my body which clearly could not withstand the light of God on it? (1 Corinthians 6:19). God formed His Son in me through sanctification, setting me apart from sin and making me holy in His sight (see Galatians 4:19). But I must begin to transform my natural life into spiritual life by obedience to Him. God instructs us even in the smallest details of life. And when He brings you conviction of sin, do not “confer with flesh and blood,” but cleanse yourself from it at once (Galatians 1:16). Keep yourself cleansed in your daily walk.’ CHAMBERS
 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20  “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
 
As you start your day, start it with this attitude.
 
“I am a child of God. He has called me to a new life.  This is a life He has given me, not one I have taken. He is my Source, my Wisdom, my Life.  The greatest thing I can do today is to love Him with all my heart .. the second is to walk in obedience to His Word so that He will be glorified through my life.  There is no place for pride … for having things my own way … but I must lay my old life and its desires down … offering myself and everything about me to God, the Father. I cannot do this on my own, but must trust in the power of Christ in me.”
 
Matthew 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: