Friday, March 21, 2014

If You Are In Christ then

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘“. . . it is no longer I who live . . . .” My individuality remains, but my primary motivation for living and the nature that rules me are radically changed. I have the same human body, but the old satanic right to myself has been destroyed.
 
“. . . and the life which I now live in the flesh,” not the life which I long to live or even pray that I live, but the life I now live in my mortal flesh-the life which others can see, “I live by faith in the Son of God . . . .” This faith was not Paul’s own faith in Jesus Christ, but the faith the Son God had given to him (see Ephesians 2:8). It is no longer a faith in faith, but a faith that transcends all imaginable limits-a faith that comes only from the Son of God. CHAMBERS
 
What does it mean to live in the reality of our new birth in Christ … (Galatians 2:20).  “It is no longer I who live” … That means there must have been a death ..  a passing … from your old life to a new life …. “Old things are passed away” (2 Corinthians 5:17) If you are dead, that means that you are unresponsive to the things around you … you can’t feel them .. see them … hear them … smell them … it is as if they don’t exist, although they do  .. because you are dead to them.  Oh, if that were only true … the reality is for most of us that we struggle to ignore that which we are supposed to be dead to … In the Princess Bride … my children must have watched that movie a ba-zillion times!  Fortunately for Westley, he was only “mostly dead” .. not quite dead … he could hear and even squeak out a response … unfortunately, that is how we, as Christians, are towards this world … We are still connected to this world … we are only “mostly dead” towards it.  And that little bit of life towards the world, wreaks havoc in our spiritual lives.   My point to you, is don’t be content with that … don’t accept love for the things of this world as if it is unavoidable ,, inescapable …. this new life you have in Christ is lived by faith and not by human effort …  Forget what is behind and press on in your faith …
 
“This world is not my home, I’m just a passin’ through. My home is way up somewhere beyond the blue”  “Oh Lord, Oh Lord you know, I have no friend like you … and I don’t feel at home in this world anymore.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: