Sunday, February 2, 2014

Where Ever He Leads I'll Go - Really?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!” —1 Corinthians 9:16
 
‘Paul’s words have to do with our being made servants of Jesus Christ, and our permission is never asked as to what we will do or where we will go. God makes us as broken bread and poured-out wine to please Himself. To be “separated to the gospel” means being able to hear the call of God (Romans 1:1). Once someone begins to hear that call, a suffering worthy of the name of Christ is produced. Suddenly, every ambition, every desire of life, and every outlook is completely blotted out and extinguished. Only one thing remains— “. . . separated to the gospel. . . .”
 
Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
 
The pattern of my life as a Christian has been interludes of tent making plus ministry and ministry alone.
 
The journey we are on now began in 2004.  I was at a conference representing the Air Force at Dell Headquarters in Texas.  A representative from Microsoft suggested that I come to Redmond to speak about the work I was doing at the next Microsoft Symposium.  I heard the words but they never penetrated my heart … it was if I was suddenly dead to those things .. his offer (and compliment) had no appeal to me .. shortly after that, I left my job with the Air Force to pursue full time ministry. God had called me to something else and the things of this world had no appeal.
 
What about you?  God has a purpose for you.  Listen for His voice.  God will bring you to a crisis of belief and that will require both faith and action … obedience to His call.  You may not quit your job … you may not even leave your house … but He will ask you to lay something down and follow Him … don’t hesitate ….
 
Matthew 4:18-22  “As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: