Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting Back On The Path Called Joy

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Every fact that the disciples stated was right, but the conclusions they drew from those facts were wrong. Anything that has even a hint of dejection spiritually is always wrong. If I am depressed or burdened, I am to blame, not God or anyone else. Dejection stems from one of two sources— I have either satisfied a lust or I have not had it satisfied. In either case, dejection is the result. Lust means “I must have it at once.” Spiritual lust causes me to demand an answer from God, instead of seeking God Himself who gives the answer. What have I been hoping or trusting God would do? Is today “the third day” [referring to the day of resurrection when the disciples had lost hope] and He has still not done what I expected? Am I therefore justified in being dejected and in blaming God? Whenever we insist that God should give us an answer to prayer we are off track. The purpose of prayer is that we get ahold of God, not of the answer.” CHAMBERS
 
Dejection is a sadness that is caused by failure or loss.  Are you in the midst of a struggle?  Perhaps you have lost hope in a certain circumstance.  Perhaps you have failed to accomplish something or avoid something.  And you are sad .. dejected … because of it.  When we are sad for those reasons, the problem is that we have become disconnected from God … our faith in Him is waning … failing .. faltering … To find our way back to the path called joy, we need to first reconnect with Him … His love never fails … He is always sufficient .. even when we are impatient and lack faith.  As Paul wrote in Romans 8 ….
 
Romans 8:35-39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long;    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
 
Keep your eyes on the Lord and not on your circumstances.  God is glorified in our lives when we trust Him and not ourselves.  When we persevere in the storms of life and stay close to Him.  He is our strength … He is our hope and peace.
 
Psalm 42:5-6 “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: