Thursday, February 13, 2014

What Is Your Level Of Love?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Just because I have listened carefully and intently to one thing from God does not mean that I will listen to everything He says. I show God my lack of love and respect for Him by the insensitivity of my heart and mind toward what He says[..] The goal of my spiritual life is [should be] such close identification with Jesus Christ that I will always hear God and know that God always hears me (see John 11:41). If I am united with Jesus Christ, I hear God all the time through the devotion of hearing. […] What hinders me from hearing is my attention to other things. It is not that I don’t want to hear God, but I am not devoted in the right areas of my life. I am devoted to things and even to service and my own convictions. […] The attitude of a child of God should always be, “Speak, for Your servant hears.” […] Have you heard God’s voice today?’ CHAMBERS
 
Henry Blackaby said that if we have an obedience problem what we really have is a love problem.  Our willingness to obey God is a reflection of our level of love for Him.  Matthew 22:37 says to love God with every fiber of our being.  In John 14:15 Jesus said if I love Him I should obey him. You cannot love the world and God at the same time.  If you think you can, you are deceiving yourself.  God speaks to you by His Spirit though prayer, the Word, circumstances, and other believers.  The world speaks to you through your flesh and its desire to be satisfied.  Who are you listening to?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: