Monday, December 16, 2013

What To Do In An Emergency

My Utmost For His Highest

‘We should not be spineless and automatically say, “Yes, it is the Lord’s will.” We don’t have to fight or wrestle with God, but we must wrestle before God with things. Beware of lazily giving up. Instead, put up a glorious fight and you will find yourself empowered with His strength.’ CHAMBERS
 
When I was learning to fly the Chinook, CH47, my instructor was  Dudley Moss.  He told me that he had trained Iranian pilots (under the Shah’s Regime).  He said that one day they had an emergency in the aircraft and the Iranian student took his hands off of the controls and said “Allah Wills”.  Dudley said, “Allah may will for you to die today, but not for me!” He took the controls and safely landed the helicopter.
 
In the operator’s or pilot’s manual for every helicopter is a chapter on emergency procedures.  What you must do if you have a problem – an emergency.
 
In the same way, the Bible is our manual, written by God, for how we are to live and respond to life's events.  And when we face a problem, and we most certainly will, we should do what the Bible says to do.  Ephesians 6 tells us to put on the full armor of God … to dress ourselves spiritually … and then to stand and pray.  We are not to simply say “Allah Wills”.  Remember ....
 
Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
 
Psalm 9:9 “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,  a stronghold in times of trouble.”
 
“You are my strength when I am weak.  You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all.  Seeking you like a precious jewel.  Lord to give up I’d be a fool.  You are my all in all.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: