Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Great Reason To Celebrate

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘His Birth in Me. “My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you . . .” (Galatians 4:19). Just as our Lord came into human history from outside it, He must also come into me from outside. Have I allowed my personal human life to become a “Bethlehem” for the Son of God? I cannot enter the realm of the kingdom of God unless I am born again from above by a birth totally unlike physical birth. “You must be born again” (John 3:7). This is not a command, but a fact based on the authority of God. The evidence of the new birth is that I yield myself so completely to God that “Christ is formed” in me. And once “Christ is formed” in me, His nature immediately begins to work through me.’ CHAMBERS
 
Last night at our Christmas party with the children, I asked the children why we were celebrating.  One answered, because Jesus Christ was born.  I then asked who could recite John 3:16 in Creole.  Many hands went up.  Mostly from those who have given their hearts to the Lord over the past year. I explained to them that Christmas was the beginning of the fulfillment of John 3:16.  That God sent His Son to the earth because He loves us.
 
As I type these words, most of those who will read them are still sleeping.  But when you awaken today, you will celebrate Christmas with your families.  I want to encourage you to not miss the opportunity to share the Good News with them.  Not only that Jesus was born into the world in the flesh, but that Jesus died on the cross for our sin and rose again so that we could have eternal life. Now there is a great reason to celebrate.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: