Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Loosen Your Grip

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘If you want to know how real you are, test yourself by these words— “Come to Me . . . .” In every dimension in which you are not real, you will argue or evade the issue altogether rather than come; you will go through sorrow rather than come; and you will do anything rather than come the last lap of the race of seemingly unspeakable foolishness and say, “Just as I am, I come.”’ CHAMBERS
 
Why is it that we resist surrender to God.  There are aspects of our lives that we hold on to.  We don’t trust anyone with them .. not even God.  It is that very thing that God wants you to lay down.  To release from the death grip you have on it.  Why can’t we do it? It is a trust problem ..  a love problem .. When you read the Bible there are many verses that we can acknowledge mentally as being right … but when it reaches our heart … it doesn’t go any farther.  We can love God with our actions, with our intellect, but when God wants those things that are in the recesses of our hearts .. those things that define us .. that make us feel safe … we just can’t seem to do it. The rich young ruler was doing everything by the Book .. except for one thing … He could not give up his wealth .. the very thing that defined him … The thing he depended upon more than God.  You are not hiding anything from God … So what is it that you cling to … lay it down.
 
“Lord you have my heart and I will search for yours. Jesus take my life and lead me on.  Let me be to you a sacrifice.  And I will praise you Lord And I will    sing ---- of-love come down And as you show your face We'll see your glory here”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: