Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Laying It All Down ... Or Most Of It

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“We have no right to decide where we should be placed, or to have preconceived ideas as to what God is preparing us to do. God engineers everything; and wherever He places us, our one supreme goal should be to pour out our lives in wholehearted devotion to Him in that particular work. “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might . . .” (Ecclesiastes 9:10).” CHAMBERS
 
What does it mean to pour out your life?  Imagine the essence of your life is a liquid in a pitcher.  The Lord tips the pitcher and its contents, your life, are poured out until the pitcher is empty.  There is nothing held back .. nothing saved for another day ... nothing to be used for another purpose that you might have imagined.  Nothing left.  Romans 12:1 says offer yourself as a sacrifice. The sacrifice does not decide how it will be sacrificed or for what purpose.  We are to be yielded to God ..." Have thine own way Lord .. You are the Potter, I am the clay ... mold me an make me, after Thy will, while I am waiting yielded and still."
 
Are you ready to live that life?  To consider everything as dung compared to the life that God has called you to and the purpose that He has given you?  Or are you still clinging to your natural life .. to the things that make you feel safe and successful?  Things that everyone else says are "OK" for a Christian to want and to have ... The question is what or who has your heart?
 
"Lord you have my heart And I will search for yours Jesus take my life and lead me on.
 
Lord you have my heart And I will search for yours Let me be to you a sacrifice."
 
Amen and Hallelujah

No comments: