Monday, December 31, 2012

Keep in Step with God


My Utmost For His Highest

 
You shall not go out with haste, . . . for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard —Isaiah 52:12
 
Normally I use what Chambers comments on as a focal point for the Devotion, but today I am using the scripture reference.  I am writing this while I am in Alabama for a few weeks.  The year is just about to close so a new one can begin.  For the past few days I have been feeling the weight of what the Lord has us doing in Haiti.  I suspect it is a similar feeling to how Peter felt when he realized that he was walking on water and was no longer in the boat.  He was instantly in trouble but then he refocused on Jesus.  (Matthew 14:30-31). Have you ever had that problem?
 
The message in both Isaiah and Matthew is that God is with you .. you have nothing to fear.  Just keep in step with Him.  Trust Him and not yourself.  Be willing to go where it doesn’t make sense to go and watch God do something great.
 
Stay in step with God is my encouragement to you as the new year begins.  I pray that in 2013 your life will be a living testimony to God’s love, grace, mercy, and sufficiency.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: