Saturday, December 8, 2012

Because He Lives I Can

My Utmost For His Highest
 
We trample the blood of the Son of God underfoot if we think we are forgiven because we are sorry for our sins. The only reason for the forgiveness of our sins by God, and the infinite depth of His promise to forget them, is the death of Jesus Christ […] No matter who or what we are, God restores us to right standing with Himself only by means of the death of Jesus Christ. […] To identify with the death of Jesus Christ means that we must die to everything that was never a part of Him. […] The atonement by the Cross of Christ is the propitiation God uses to make unholy people holy.’ CHAMBERS
 
I‘m forgiven because You were forsaken. I’m accepted, You were condemned.  I’m alive and well, your Spirit is within me, because you died and rose again.  Amazing love how can it be, that you my Christ would die for me? Amazing love, I know it’s true and it’s my joy to honor you .. in all I do .. I honor you.”  I love that song.  It speaks to the reality of the life that I live.  I am forgiven because of Jesus.  My sins are washed away because of Jesus.  I have eternal life because of Jesus.
 
The word ‘propitiation’ (Romans 3 KJV) is a BIG word that simply means ‘sin offering’ = Atonement for our sins.  I have heard it said that the root of the word for propitiation is the same as ‘mercy seat’.  The mercy seat is the seat on the top of the Ark of the Covenant upon which the blood of the lamb was poured to cover the sins of the people.  That act satisfied the wrath of God and diverted the punishment onto another … in our context .. Jesus ... the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. (John 1:29)
 
Do you live in that realization daily? That every breath is a gift of God.  That as it says in Galatians 2:20 “[You] have been crucified with Christ and [you] no longer live, but Christ lives in [you]. The life [you] now live in the body, [you] live by faith in the Son of God, who loved [you] and gave himself for [you].”
 
If you did, would it change the way you live your life?  The decisions you make? You Bet!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: