Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Open The Eyes Of My Heart Lord

My Utmost For His Highest
 
We know that all things work together for good to those who love God . . . —Romans 8:28
 
The circumstances of a saint’s life are ordained of God. In the life of a saint there is no such thing as chance. God by His providence brings you into circumstances that you can’t understand at all, but the Spirit of God understands. God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you. Never put yourself in front of your circumstances and say, “I’m going to be my own providence here; I will watch this closely, or protect myself from that.” All your circumstances are in the hand of God, and therefore you don’t ever have to think they are unnatural or unique. Your part in intercessory prayer is not to agonize over how to intercede, but to use the everyday circumstances and people God puts around you by His providence to bring them before His throne, and to allow the Spirit in you the opportunity to intercede for them. In this way God is going to touch the whole world with His saints.’ CHAMBERS
Do you consider yourself an ambassador for Christ?  You do?  Great.  When are you not an ambassador?  When you are around difficult people?  When you are at work? At a ball game? In a strange place?  Let’s assume for a moment that the people that you are around has been orchestrated by God for His purpose.  Your job is to show them Jesus in everything you say and do.  How is that going for ya?  I really don’t want to think about this, do you?  Isn’t I better when I can be selective about who I have kind thoughts toward? Did you ever wish someone would just go away?  Have you thought  “Oh no, here he or she comes!”
 
How could God possibly be in that? Oh, He wants me to show them Jesus.  But I don’t want to Lord!  It’s that Jonah thing again.  We are part of God’s plan and purpose on this earth.  There really is no place for us to harbor any attitudes except the same attitude Jesus had.  OK, you are not going to pull out the “Jesus got angry card” are you? Trying to justify your feelings about the people around you or your circumstances?
 
I have a piece of paper clipped to my desk that has two women’s names on it who work at Sonje Bank at the information desk.  Marie, one of the ladies, wrote their names when they heard someone call me pastor with one sentence .. “Priye pou nou” pray for us.  That opens a whole new dimension in the relationship.  Now they are not just two clerks sitting behind the counter and I am not just some Blan –“white guy” -  who comes in now and again, stumbling through Creole.  We are spiritually connected.
 
1 Peter 3:15But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect
 
There is not a time, a place or a relationship when you are not representing Jesus.
 
Ephesians 1:17-19I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: