Monday, November 19, 2012

Jesus Really Is The Reason

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The great miracle of the grace of God is that He forgives sin, and it is the death of Jesus Christ alone that enables the divine nature to forgive and to remain true to itself in doing so. It is shallow nonsense to say that God forgives us because He is love. Once we have been convicted of sin, we will never say this again. The love of God means Calvary— nothing less! The love of God is spelled out on the Cross and nowhere else. The only basis for which God can forgive me is the Cross of Christ. It is there that His conscience is satisfied. Forgiveness doesn’t merely mean that I am saved from hell and have been made ready for heaven (no one would accept forgiveness on that level). Forgiveness means that I am forgiven into a newly created relationship which identifies me with God in Christ.’ CHAMBERS
 
Romans 1:18-20 “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”
 
The laws of nature are great examples of God’s justice.  Gravity is not arbitrary or conditional .. gravity is the same.. it never changes .. so much so that we can count on it .. put our faith in it.  So it is with God’s law and demand of holiness.  It never changes.  Even though God created us … and loved us … His demand for holiness was not diluted because of his love.  We call that ‘tough love’ when we are dealing with people who are doing things that are not right and we don’t want to enable them to continue to do those things.
 
So, since God’s demand for holiness, like His law of gravity, was not going to change … His love was expressed through Jesus .. who satisfied the demand for holiness by paying the price for our sin … The point today is that our tendency is that we focus on God’s love and not on the sacrifice … Oh we think about the sacrifice on the day we are saved and in the songs we sing … but does the sacrifice of Jesus change the way you live your life?
 
Jesus Christ, I think upon your sacrifice You became nothing, poured out to death. Many times, I wonder at your gift of life I'm in that place once again.
 
Now you are, exalted to the highest place King of the heavens, where one day I’ll bow. But for now, I marvel at this saving grace. I'm full of praise once again I'm full of praise once again
 
And once again I look upon the cross where you died. I´m humbled by your mercy and I´m broken inside. Once again I thank you, once again I pour out my life.” Matt Redmond
 
Or is Jesus just a way that you can get on God’s good side so you can enjoy the perks of being His son or daughter?  When Jesus said the He was the way, truth and life (John 14:6) … He meant 24x7x365xEternity … there will never be another way for the human race to overcome the righteous demands of God.  We need to walk in that truth every day.
 
I'm so glad I'm a part of the Family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His Blood! Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, For I'm part of the family, The Family of God
 
As the earth’s gravity holds your feet to the ground today … be aware that Jesus is the reason you are not headed for hell … live your life like that matters … view the world with that perspective…and let God be glorified and Jesus lifted up … in everything your think, do and say
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: