Sunday, October 14, 2012

Meet Needs and Tell People

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Go therefore . . . .” To “go” simply means to live. Acts 1:8 is the description of how to go. Jesus did not say in this verse, “Go into Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria,” but, “. . . you shall be witnesses to Me in [all these places].” He takes upon Himself the work of sending us. “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you . . .” (John 15:7)— that is the way to keep going. Where we are placed is then a matter of indifference to us, because God sovereignly engineers our goings. “None of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus . . .” (Acts 20:24). That is how to keep going until we are gone from this life.’ CHAMBERS
 
Living your life in Christ is one of total dependence upon the One who saved you.  It is not the serving .. the work that is the source of my joy, but my relationship with the Lord.  He is the Vine and I am the branch … the only way I can bear fruit is to be connected to the Vine.  The Word of God is vital to my spiritual well-being.  I say that, yet I know there are many in this world who do not have the written word.  They couldn’t read it if they did because they can’t read.  So they need someone to tell them.  Ministries like Wycliffe Bible Translators have been working to translate the Word into other languages .. even those that do not have an alphabet … they are verbal …
 
We tend to be narrow minded in our thinking, don’t we.  We think that everyone else in the world must be and do like us … it is the only way we know … our charge is to go and tell … we have been blessed to live in a time when technology has helped propel the Word around the world.  Yet … technology cannot replace the touch of a hand, the encouragement of the spoken Word.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing from the Word of God.  (Romans 10:17) God has chosen to use people to carry His message to others.  If His Word abides in me … if I have hidden it in my heart (Psalm 119:11) … if I focus on His Word (Joshua 1:8-9) then coupled with the power of the Holy spirit, I can accomplish what He sends me to do.
 
Mark 8:36 ‘For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?’  We can help people with education, food, water, clothing, medicine .. and we should .. but all of that will mean nothing if they are cast into the lake of fire for eternity. We must do both .... meet needs and tell people.
 
Christian .. walk in the light as He is in the light.   Ephesians 5:8 ‘For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light’ and let the world know ….
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: