Sunday, April 1, 2012

When Life gets in the way of Living

My Utmost For His Highest

Do crises which affect us or others in our home, business, country, or elsewhere, seem to be crushing in on us? Are we being pushed out of the presence of God and left with no time for worship? If so, we must put a stop to such distractions and get into such a living relationship with God that our relationship with others is maintained through the work of intercession, where God works His miracles. […] If a burden and its resulting pressure come upon us while we are not in an attitude of worship, it will only produce a hardness toward God and despair in our own souls. God continually introduces us to people in whom we have no interest, and unless we are worshiping God the natural tendency is to be heartless toward them. We give them a quick verse of Scripture, like jabbing them with a spear, or leave them with a hurried, uncaring word of counsel before we go.”  CHAMBERS

I want to remind you that this BLOG is spawned from my daily devotion, which means that the Lord speaks to me before I share it with you.  Often as I read what Chambers has to say and particularly what God has said and is saying … I must pause and pray.  I can’t explain what the voice of God sounds like .. but I know when God is speaking to me .. when I suddenly have clarity and understanding … like my spirit is awakened from its slumber …   My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.’  (John 10:27)   God is always presenting us with opportunities to minister to someone .. He uses us for that purpose …

We make time to do the things that are important to us.  We make excuses for not doing the things that important to God.  This is normally the point when we start getting defensive.  We need to live our life in Christ with a spiritual perspective toward the people we meet.  Only Christians have the ability to speak ‘life’ to others.  It’s like Peter and John at the temple gate … ‘We don’t have any money, but what I have I give to you … in the name of Jesus get up and walk’ (Acts 3)  That guy was lame when he was born, why would he think that his life would ever be different?  But then he met two guys who introduced him to Jesus .. they didn’t offer more of the same, but something that he had never imagined … The lame man may have been bitter as he watched people walking wherever they wanted .. living a life that he could never have … Why did Pater and John stop?  They had something to do .. they were going to worship the Lord .. How many beggars did they pass by to get to the temple?  Why talk to this one?  God continually introduces us to people in whom we have no interest.’  Has this happened to you?  How did you respond?  How will you respond?

Don’t let ‘life’ get in the way of living (for God).  Of being salt and light everywhere and every day.  Take time for God and let Him use you for His glory and purpose.  Keep shining.

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: