Tuesday, October 24, 2023

What Does God Say About (Fill In The Blank)

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I can remember what my dad would say to someone when they were seeking his counsel, "Well, let's see what the Bible says about it!" Before I elaborate on that, indulge me while I pause for a minute. A word to dads who are dads in a blended family. My dad was actually, legally my stepdad. My folks were divorced when I was 2 years old. My three sisters and I lived with my mom after the divorce. She remarried a few years after her divorce. My stepdad wanted to adopt us but could not because my biological father refused. My stepdad would not allow me to call him "dad" out of respect for the fact that my dad was living. In my opinion, that was a mistake, well intentioned, but a mistake, nonetheless.  My stepdad was my dad in every respect. Calling him dad was not something he required, it was something that I wanted - needed. That didn't happen until about 1995 or 1996 (40 years alter) when I received a book from him, "What Makes A Man" but Coach Bill McCartney. Coach McCartney was the co-founder of the Promise Keeper ministry. At the time, I was on staff with Promise Keepers as the State Manager for Alabama and Mississippi. On the inside cover "dad" pasted a note encouraging me with my work. At the end, he wrote "Love Dad". That was the only time, before or after, that he acknowledged the truth of our relationship.  Why did I share that? Because I want to encourage dads to be respectful and yet mindful of the great - significant place they are in and the opportunities that they have every day to show some child what a dad that loves Jesus and them looks like.

So back to the title of this BLOG. There is so much confusion about what is right and what is wrong. Always has been and always will be until Jesus returns. The Bible is God's revealed will for mankind. If you want to know what is right, go to the Word. For those who are living their lives in rebellion toward God and choose to do what is right in their own eyes, they will never agree with the Truth. They will reject it and call those who do not haters and evil. 

When faced with a cultural dilemma just ask yourself the question, "What does God say about it in His Word?" Then look for the answer which you are sure to find.

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." - John 17:14

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone


No comments: