Thursday, October 5, 2023

Laying It Down Once And For All

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:24-26

Our lives as Christians are to be lives offered up to God, the Father, by faith. Willing - living sacrifices (Romans 12:1). Like Isaac when Abraham built the alter and prepared Isaac as the sacrifice. We lay our lives down - our wants and desires in favor of living for God. What that means is that we live humbly before God and men understanding that we have no hope apart from Jesus. That we are saved by grace through faith and not works. No amount of trying to be good will makes us good enough for the kingdom of God. Our righteousness, our right being before the Creator God, is in Christ and Him alone.

"But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption." - 1 Corinthians 1:30

I was listening to a song today by Lauren Daigle - Once for All. Might I suggest that you offer the words to this song up as a prayer for yourself. I did.

"God, I'll give You what I can today. These scattered ashes that I hid away. I lay it all at Your feet.
From the corners of my deepest shame. The empty places where I've worn Your name. Show me the love I say I believe. Oh, help me to lay it down. O Lord, I lay it down. Oh, let this be where I die. My Lord, with Thee crucified. Be lifted high as my kingdoms fall. Once and for all, once and for all." - Lauren Daigle - Once and For All

Amen

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: