Thursday, June 1, 2023

Knowing What God is Going To Do

 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

I do not know what God is going to do, but I know what He has done. Don't you find it odd that when good things happen to us - God is good. When not so good things happen to us then we wonder if God cares. The same God. Who never changes. We can't believe both things about God or can we? Wouldn't it be nice if God made His plan plain? Maybe wrote it out for us? But would we want to play our part in that plan if we knew before hand? Probably not. Not if it meant a difficult climb - a rocky road - end even perhaps a few storms, losses and disappointments. 

It is easy to spout scripture to other people. It is quite another to embrace scripture when life seems to go against us. When God called us out of our old life, He did not promise that what we were being called to would not be difficult - but He did promise that we will not be alone.

"For He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13:5-6

I don't know what your personal struggles are. Your doubts. Your Fears. Those things that you keep tucked inside and share with no one and may not be apparent to anyone. Those things that you think about in your alone moments. But God does. He knows the heart of man (and woman). Your heart. With that said, if there is one thing that I am confident of in my new life it is this.

"I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day." - 2 Timothy 1:12

No matter what the next day might bring.

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone


No comments: