Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Don't Be Content With Mere Salvation - You Were Called To Be Like Jesus



…that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. —Luke 1:35

{CHAMBERS}  “If the Son of God has been born into my human flesh, then am I allowing His holy innocence, simplicity, and oneness with the Father the opportunity to exhibit itself in me? […] Do I find myself continually saying in amazement to the commonsense part of my life, “Why did you want me to turn here or to go over there? ‘Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?’ ” (Luke 2:49). Whatever our circumstances may be, that holy, innocent, and eternal Child must be in contact with His Father. […] Is God’s will being fulfilled in that His Son has been formed in me (see Galatians 4:19), or have I carefully pushed Him to one side? […] The more a person knows of the inner life of God’s most mature saints, the more he sees what God’s purpose really is: to “…fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ…” (Colossians 1:24). And when we think of what it takes to “fill up,” there is always something yet to be done.”

{ELGIN}  This new life we live, it is a journey, we did not arrive at our destination on the day of our salvation.  You will find that you grow in your faith more through your struggles than through your victories.  That, as you mature, you will become more dependent upon on God and not less.  Unlike your physical birth where you grew to be independent of your parents, with your spiritual birth, as you grow, the oneness with the Father, Son and Spirit becomes more evident.  When I was a young boy, I can remember my mother, who divorced my father when I was 2 years old, said to me, “Stop doing that you are just like your father.”  I felt ashamed as if I had done some terrible thing.  Today, I would like nothing more than to hear someone say, “You are just like your Father – in heaven”.  How about you?  By the way, years later my mom was born again and lived out her life being a light to everyone around her.  Leading many to the Lord. God is Good, all the time!  So how about you my friend?  Are you content with your faith and walk?  Don’t be.  Do you want to be accused of being like Jesus?  You should!  After we are born again, we begin a journey that does not end until  we arrive at the feet of Jesus.

No comments: