Thursday, July 13, 2017

How Is Your Vision - Can You Still See the Father For Who He Is?



In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord… —Isaiah 6:1

{CHAMBERS}  “My vision of God is dependent upon the condition of my character. My character determines whether or not truth can even be revealed to me. Before I can say, “I saw the Lord,” there must be something in my character that conforms to the likeness of God. Until I am born again and really begin to see the kingdom of God, I only see from the perspective of my own biases. What I need is God’s surgical procedure— His use of external circumstances to bring about internal purification. Your priorities must be God first, God second, and God third, until your life is continually face to face with God and no one else is taken into account whatsoever. Your prayer will then be, “In all the world there is no one but You, dear God; there is no one but You.” Keep paying the price. Let God see that you are willing to live up to the vision.”

{ELGIN} (Isaiah 6:1-3) “In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.””  What is your view of Jehovah God?  Is He waiting for your beckoning call to do something for you? Or is He the Creator of the Universe, all powerful and all knowing.  We can enter before His throne of Grace boldly (Hebrews 4:16) because we are His children, but He, nevertheless, is still God almighty.  The reason that we can enter into His presence is because of Jesus Christ, not by our own merit.  Do you live your life in awe of the Father of lights (James 1:17) or have you lost your respect for who He is.  Your view of God is the foundation for your view of your life in Christ.  Maybe you need to do a “system reset” and reconsider the One who loved us enough to send His Son to die for us (John 3:16). 

I was thinking the other day about times past when I had considerable authority of other people.  When I walked into their presence they would stand up.  Not because of Charley, but because of the authority that I had.  There is a song that says “come just as you are”.  It does not mean that it doesn’t matter how you approach God, it means that you can’t ever be good enough to enter into His presence on your own, so don’t try to be good enough. Instead, embrace the One who can stand in His presence, Jesus Christ.  Jesus has made it possible for us to enter boldly – meaning that we do not need to fear that we will be turned away or struck down.  God will receive us because of His Son and only because of His Son.  Don’t let that understanding fade and make your relationship less than what it should be.  Something to think and pray about.

No comments: