Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Incessant Prayer Is A Constant Conversation With God




Pray without ceasing… —1 Thessalonians 5:17

“Our thinking about prayer, whether right or wrong, is based on our own mental conception of it. The correct concept is to think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts. Our blood flows and our breathing continues “without ceasing”; we are not even conscious of it, but it never stops. And we are not always conscious of Jesus keeping us in perfect oneness with God, but if we are obeying Him, He always is. Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life of the saint. Beware of anything that stops the offering up of prayer. “Pray without ceasing…”— maintain the childlike habit of offering up prayer in your heart to God all the time. Jesus never mentioned unanswered prayer. He had the unlimited certainty of knowing that prayer is always answered. Do we have through the Spirit of God that inexpressible certainty that Jesus had about prayer, or do we think of the times when it seemed that God did not answer our prayer? Jesus said, “…everyone who asks receives…” (Matthew 7:8). Yet we say, “But…, but….” God answers prayer in the best way— not just sometimes, but every time. However, the evidence of the answer in the area we want it may not always immediately follow. Do we expect God to answer prayer?” CHAMBERS

If prayer is conversing with God, then we are supposed to be in constant conversation with Him.  There is a young Haitian woman, Silfice, who helps us around the house.   I can often hear her saying Jezu – Jesus as she works.  I asked her if she was talking to the Lord, she said of course.  Of Course? You mean that you don’t? is what I thought she might be thinking.  Doesn’t every Christian talk to the Lord.  Why it is as natural as speaking with your friends or your spouse.  But we all know that is not the case.  Our relationship with God is often based upon need .. not love.  I will talk to God when I need something.  Have you ever known someone and the only time they talked to you is when they needed something?  They don’t really need you .. they need what you have.  How do you feel, when they call?  How do you feel when they get past the greeting and get to the point .. I need something … and when you give it to me, I will get back to my life and forget about you until I think you can give me something that I need.

That is very often how we treat God.  We say we love God with our all, but treat Him as if we don’t.  Praying is a discipline that draws you close to the Father … and changes your heart’s desires … Psalm 37:4 … ‘Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart’  I think that means that He will exchange your desires with His.  “Not my will, but Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.Not in heaven as it is on earth.  ELGIN

“I come to the garden alone While the dew is still on the roses And the voice I hear, falling on my ear The Son of God discloses And He walks with me And He talks with me And He tells me I am His own And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known”  In The Garden

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: