Saturday, April 25, 2015

What Does Your Life Give Testimony To?




“Be ready in season and out of season.” —2 Timothy 4:2

“The season does not refer to time; it refers to us. This verse says, “Preach the Word! Be ready in season and out of season.” In other words, we should “be ready” whether we feel like it or not. If we do only what we feel inclined to do, some of us would never do anything. There are some people who are totally unemployable in the spiritual realm. They are spiritually feeble and weak” CHAMBERS

When I read this devotion this morning, the thought that came to my mind was being a witness to the world around me.  Someone is always watching … What kind of testimony does your life shout out to the world?  I can remember when I was a young boy, my dad told me that I should not smoke cigarettes while he was smoking a cigarette.  And I thought “If they are so bad why do you smoke them?” I can remember a sergeant in Vietnam telling me I should reenlist in the Army as I neared the time I was to go back to the States.  He was drunk at the time and I thought “you want me to be like you, I don’t think so?” I can remember my mom, after she became a Christian sharing Christ with me and my sisters.  We knew what she had been like before she accepted Jesus, and we were all waiting for her to prove that she was no different … we knew she couldn’t keep that “act” up forever … but we discovered it was not an act … she was a changed person …

Be careful that you do not live one way and preach another.  People don’t listen to your words so much as they watch your actions.  Are you living immersed in the pagan culture around you … yes, I called the American culture "pagan" .. and at the same time telling people about Jesus? If so, you are testifying for the world not for God .. even though you words may seem spiritual.  The world has nothing to offer but ultimate death .. I am talking about the second death … Jesus offers life … think about what you are doing … don’t "conform to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind … to prove (show or give testimony to)  that which is the good and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2) ELGIN

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: