Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Choosing The Higher Ground




“Do we really know anything about the indwelling of the risen life of Jesus? The evidence that we do is that His Word is becoming understandable to us. God cannot reveal anything to us if we don’t have His Spirit. And our own unyielding and headstrong opinions will effectively prevent God from revealing anything to us. But our insensible thinking will end immediately once His resurrection life has its way with us. […] (Our) lives don’t add up because the Son of Man has not yet risen in (us). How long will it be before His resurrection life is formed and evident in you and in me?” CHAMBERS

What is the problem?  Why must we be encouraged to live for Jesus? Why isn’t it that the day we say “yes” to Him is the day that we walk faithfully for the rest of our lives.  What I believe? Well, God created us different from every other creature .. He created us in His image.  He gave us the ability to imagine, to create, to choose.  He does not take that from us when we become Christians.  We must still choose.  If we do not strengthen ourselves spiritually, we will continue to choose poorly.  We will follow our flesh and not the Spirit.  We need to choose and then seek higher ground.  ELGIN

“Higher Ground”

“I’m pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gaining every day
Still praying as I onward bound "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Lord, lift me up and let me stand, By faith on heaven's table land
A higher plane than I have found, Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

My heart has no desire to stay, Where doubts arise and fears dismay
Tho' some may dwell where these, abound My prayer, my aim is higher ground.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: