Monday, June 30, 2014

Showing People Jesus

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Wanting to make sure that my adversary gives me all my rights is a natural thing. But Jesus says that it is a matter of inescapable and eternal importance to me that I pay my adversary what I owe him. From our Lord’s standpoint it doesn’t matter whether I am cheated or not, but what does matter is that I don’t cheat someone else. Am I insisting on having my own rights, or am I paying what I owe from Jesus Christ’s standpoint?’ CHAMBERS
 
Everyone would like to be treated fairly.  When we are not, we are upset .. maybe even angry … we feel justified in the emotion … we might even call it ‘righteous’ anger.  Is it? Or is it pride? The Lord did not promise that we would be treated well … but He did say that we are to show grace and mercy in every circumstance.  Do you have something “tucked away” in your heart that is always simmering and can be brought to a boil very quickly when you focus on it?  Some unkind word … poor treatment … something that wounded you deeply?  We should not hold on to those things, even if we feel justified … God want us to trust Him … to cast all of our cares on Him (1 Peter 5:7) …. To forgive others, just like God forgave us … when we did not deserve it … That does not mean that the offender will care .. or change … but it really isn’t about how they respond .. but how you respond …. you need to show them Jesus through your life .... Let your little light shine .. let it shine .. let it shine ...
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: