Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less Than Jesus and His Righteousness

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Pray with the realization that you are perfect only in Christ Jesus, not on the basis of this argument: “Oh, Lord, I have done my best; please hear me now.” How long is it going to take God to free us from the unhealthy habit of thinking only about ourselves? We must get to the point of being sick to death of ourselves, until there is no longer any surprise at anything God might tell us about ourselves. We cannot reach and understand the depths of our own meagerness. There is only one place where we are right with God, and that is in Christ Jesus. Once we are there, we have to pour out our lives for all we are worth in this ministry of the inner life.’ CHAMBERS
 
We were dependent upon Jesus to begin this new life of ours and we are still dependent upon Him as we live it.  We did not have the power in our old nature to be righteous before God.  It required the Cross and faith. We are saved by grace through faith and not by our own effort … Ephesians 2:8,9  We forget that at times .. we start to think that we can live the Christian life in our own power.  We take on an attitude of pride in our faith and a feeling of independence.  Do you find that you still sin? Perhaps it is a sin that you thought you had left long ago .. something that no longer had any power over you.  Yet, there it is … again …  I think that God allows those times to remind us that we are His and we are not independent agents.  That we need Jesus … that we live this new life by the power of the Spirit in us.  That we are perfect only in Christ Jesus.  There is only one place where we are right with God, and that is in Christ Jesus.
 
"My hope is built on nothing less that Jesus and His righteousness.  On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground (including my prideful thinking that I can do this on my own) is sinking sand."
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: