Sunday, February 24, 2013

How Much Is Too Much?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
We have no right in Christian service to be guided by our own interests and desires. In fact, this is one of the greatest tests of our relationship with Jesus Christ. The delight of sacrifice is that I lay down my life for my Friend, Jesus (see John 15:13). I don’t throw my life away, but I willingly and deliberately lay it down for Him and His interests in other people. And I do this for no cause or purpose of my own. Paul spent his life for only one purpose— that he might win people to Jesus Christ.[…] Many of us are interested only in our own goals, and Jesus cannot help Himself to our lives. But if we are totally surrendered to Him, we have no goals of our own to serve.[…]’ CHAMBERS
 
I am thinking about the mountain of ministry opportunities that I have here in Jacmel, Haiti as I type this devotion.  Would God ask you to do more than what you or others might think possible?  I think so.  God calls us to do what is impossible – for men – but very possible for Him.  We have a tendency to look at life through the lens of our capacity and not the Lord’s. This work is not for the faint of heart.  It requires constant focus on the Lord.  If I start trusting on myself .. I am in immediate trouble.  Hmmm .. does this sound familiar to you?  It seems that you don’t have to be in Haiti to experience the very same thing.
 
If you are a Christian you are living a super-natural life.  You may not be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but you can do more than you ever imagined you could or would .. accomplishing things that have an eternal consequence.  So do this … get in tune with God  .. listen for His voice .. and then do what He says .. and don’t forget to trust Him!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: