Tuesday, February 5, 2019

No Jesus Then No Peace - Know Jesus Then Know Peace

We try, but cannot understand God with our natural minds.  To understand anything of God requires spiritual understanding. Yet we continue to struggle, trying to make sense of something that is impossible to understand by the power of our human intellect.  We read the Word and see that God has told us we need the Spirit for such things, yet it is not the Spirit that questions God.  It is not the Spirit that cries out “Why?”. 

I have heard more than one teacher/preacher say it is OK to be angry with God.  My question is, “Where does that anger come from?”  I believe from disappointment, loss, heartbreak … from all things natural.  All of those things are part of our life here on earth.  I realize that knowing that does not lesson the pain we feel. But, knowing God does give us a source of comfort and spiritual insight. It helps us realize that there is something better, greater, beyond our circumstances that will bring us peace and joy in the midst of a great tragedy. But you must be willing to draw near to God.  Your flesh, your old nature, will say “Run away!”.  Don’t do it. Instead run to Him.

 I have said it before and I will say it again, we must draw near to God in times of trouble. But, you won’t do that if you are not drawing near to Him when times are good.  (John 16:33) “I [Jesus] have told you all this so that you will have peace of heart and mind. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows; but cheer up, for I have overcome the world.” (John 14:27)  “Peace I [Jesus] leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  Listen for the Lord in your alone time with Him and hear Him saying, "Be at peace my child, be at peace."

No comments: