Saturday, December 17, 2016

How Much Do You Need To Know In Order To Go? Jesus Saves

My Utmost For His Highest
 
The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him… —1 Corinthians 2:14
 
“The gospel of God creates the sense of need for the gospel. Is the gospel hidden to those who are servants already? No, Paul said, “But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe…” (2 Corinthians 4:3-4). The majority of people think of themselves as being completely moral, and have no sense of need for the gospel. It is God who creates this sense of need in a human being, but that person remains totally unaware of his need until God makes Himself evident. Jesus said, “Ask, and it will be given to you…” (Matthew 7:7). But God cannot give until a man asks. It is not that He wants to withhold something from us, but that is the plan He has established for the way of redemption. Through our asking, God puts His process in motion, creating something in us that was nonexistent until we asked. […] The creative power of the redemption of God works in the souls of men only through the preaching of the gospel. It is never the sharing of personal experiences that saves people, but the truth of redemption. “The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63).” CHAMBERS
 
Have you ever considered the millions, billions of people that have lived and died without ever hearing the Gospel? Generation after generation.  Have you ever wondered why? I have.  I have heard explanations, but I must be honest, I don’t have an answer.  I am certain it has something to do with God’s knowing and our not knowing.   I know He sends people to preach the Gospel, I have been called and have gone to other people.  I know that Jesus is the only way to restoration to the Father.  It is not only the natural man that lacks understanding.  In a way, it is me saying “Lord, you made a mistake.  You should have made certain that those people would hear the Gospel like I did.”  As I write those words, I know how ridiculous they sound.  The problem really is my problem, not His.  I want God to be understandable to the natural mind.  And He is not.  The truth is that He did not have to send His Son to save anyone, but He did.  Through a chain of events over centuries, I heard the Gospel and yielded my life to Him in faith.  So, rather than focus on those who didn’t hear, I should focus on those who might hear if only I would speak to them.  I was not saved until the first quarter of my life had already past.  Now I am in the last quarter.  How will I live my days out?  I will live them out by telling who I can, when I can, where I can about Jesus.  And trusting God will do the rest.  God has the centuries and generations well in hand, I just need to be worried about today. ELGIN
 
When It’s All Been Said And Done – Don Moen
 
When it's all been said and done  There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?  Did I live my life for you?
 
When it's all been said and done  All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done  For love's reward  Will stand the test of time
 
Lord, your mercy is so great  That you look beyond our weakness
And find purest gold in miry clay  Turning sinners into saints
 
I will always sing your praise  Here on earth and ever after
For you've shown me heavens my true home  When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone...

No comments: