Friday, December 18, 2015

God Doesn't Do Things To You, He Does Things Through You

My Utmost For His Highest
 
We know that all things work together for good to those who love God… —Romans 8:28
 
“It is only a faithful person who truly believes that God sovereignly controls his circumstances. We take our circumstances for granted, saying God is in control, but not really believing it. We act as if the things that happen were completely controlled by people. To be faithful in every circumstance means that we have only one loyalty, or object of our faith— the Lord Jesus Christ. […] Being faithful to Jesus Christ is the most difficult thing we try to do today. We will be faithful to our work, to serving others, or to anything else; just don’t ask us to be faithful to Jesus Christ. Many Christians become very impatient when we talk about faithfulness to Jesus. […]  We treat God as if He were a machine designed only to bless us, and we think of Jesus as just another one of the workers. […] God wants to use us as He used His own Son.” CHAMBERS
 
Last summer, Martie was in the U.S. and I was in Jeremie, Haiti.  I suddenly had a problem with my leg.  It was very painful to walk on.  It reminded me of the Deep Vein Thrombosis that I had in 2004 which was nearly fatal.   I was in trouble.  When it looked like there was no way I could get help there and there was no way I could go to where the help was available, The Lord provided an American doctor who is a Christian. (Dr. Katie Wolf, who has an extraordinary work in Haiti)  She properly diagnosed the problem, cellulitis, and treated it.  During one of our conversations, Katie thought I said that God had caused the trouble, but I said “No, but I do believe He allowed it.”  So to the point.  God causes all things to work together for good .. whose good?  Our good … not necessarily our physical or circumstantial good … but our spiritual good and for His glory.  It is in difficult times that our light shines the brightest.  If we are to be witnesses to God’s faithfulness and love … it is best sin in the midst of difficulty.  So my advice, stop trying to place the blame for something bad happening to you and instead, look to God and praise Him for what He will accomplish in you through that circumstance.  I am not denying that what happens to you may bring loss, heartache, or even physical pain.  But no matter what happens to you, know that He causes all things to work together for your good and His glory.  That is why the Word says to “Live by faith and not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).  ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)
 
Charley Elgin

No comments: