Friday, February 13, 2015

Are You Listening?


My Utmost For His Highest

“But most of us show incredible disrespect to God because we don’t even hear Him. He might as well never have spoken to us. The goal of my spiritual life is such close identification with Jesus Christ that I will always hear God and know that God always hears me (see John 11:41). If I am united with Jesus Christ, I hear God all the time through the devotion of hearing. A flower, a tree, or a servant of God may convey God’s message to me. What hinders me from hearing is my attention to other things. It is not that I don’t want to hear God, but I am not devoted in the right areas of my life.”  CHAMBERS

I have this picture in my mind of a husband sitting at the breakfast table with his nose stuck in a newspaper.  The wife is pouring her heart.  She hears … hmmm … I see … ahhhh …. Then she asks “Did you hear anything I just said?”  He replies, “Of course I did!” So she says, “OK, tell me what I just said!” His reply … “Uhhhh”  God is always speaking to us but we are not always listening.  Our attention is drawn to other things.  The things of this world occupy our thoughts, drive our actions, prevent us from hearing God, draw us to be devoted to something other than God (Matthew 22:37).  God wants a dialogue with us.  So put the “newspaper” down and focus on your Father.  Just as He wants you to hear Him, He wants to hear from you. Why don’t you make this your prayer ….  ELGIN

Psalm 5:1-3  “Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: