Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Is Jesus Your Way, Your Truth, And Your Life?




“Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” —Acts 26:14

“Are you determined to have your own way in living for God? We will never be free from this trap until we are brought into the experience of the baptism of “the Holy Spirit and fire” (Matthew 3:11). Stubbornness and self-will will always stab Jesus Christ. It may hurt no one else, but it wounds His Spirit. Whenever we are obstinate and self-willed and set on our own ambitions, we are hurting Jesus. Every time we stand on our own rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Him. Whenever we rely on self-respect, we systematically disturb and grieve His Spirit. And when we finally understand that it is Jesus we have been persecuting all this time, it is the most crushing revelation ever.” CHAMBERS

When you choose to follow your own path and disregard or ignore Jesus, do you think of that as persecution?  When you choose your own way each day, most times it is with little thought to the fact that you are rejecting Jesus.  You are just living your life.  But, if you are a Son or Daughter of God, then you dishonor Him and show Him disrespect by choosing your own way.  By rejecting the way that He has shown you.  Don’t take your disobedience lightly.  God doesn’t.  Is Jesus your way, your truth and your life? Or, is Jesus merely the one who saved you and now He is waiting for you to be with Him in heaven?  So you live and think and do anyway you please.  You know don’t you?  … It is time to stop persecuting the one who gave His life for you … It is time to fulfill your purpose in this life of yours.  It is time to stop pretending and get serious about how you live day to day and bring glory to the One who saved you.  ELGIN

Every Move I Make

“Every move I make, I make in You, You make me move Jesus, Every breath I take I breathe in You
Every step I take, I take in You, Every breath I take I breathe in You

Waves of mercy, Waves of grace, Everywhere I look I see your face
Your love has captured me, Oh, my God this love How can it be?”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: