Monday, November 10, 2014

What To Do What It's Cold Outside

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“I must learn that the purpose of my life belongs to God, not me. God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him. I should never say, “Lord, this causes me such heartache.” To talk that way makes me a stumbling block. When I stop telling God what I want, He can freely work His will in me without any hindrance. He can crush me, exalt me, or do anything else He chooses. He simply asks me to have absolute faith in Him and His goodness. Self-pity is of the devil, and if I wallow in it I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world. Doing this creates for me my own cozy “world within the world,” and God will not be allowed to move me from it because of my fear of being “frost-bitten.”” CHAMBERS
 
Are you willing to be used by God in any way that He chooses?  The proof of that is not in the saying but in the doing. Most likely at some point in your journey with Him, God will lead you through some emotionally and physically perilous times.  The challenge is your willingness to be broken and poured out for His glory and the good of others. That is what Chambers is calling “Frost-bitten”.  When I was in the Army, I spent many days outside in freezing weather.  The cold seemed to go all the way to my bones.  Toes and fingers were numb, mustache frozen from my breath.  It would have been so nice to be some place warm and comfortable.  But, I had a mission to accomplish and that mission required me to be in the cold.  So, you press on whether in the Army or following the Lord.
 
God calls us to serve in difficult circumstances .. but not on our own.  Just like the Army equipped me with cold weather equipment, God equips us.  He never asks us to do something that we can do without His strength and provision.  It is only when we stop looking to Him and look to ourselves that we lose hope and confidence.  When we are facing great challenges in our walk with the Lord, we must remember His promise .... (Joshua 1:9) “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." And then we must go!
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: